Histology & IHC
Cellomatics provides Contract Histology Services to support non-regulatory pre-clinical histology and medical research studies in tissue from humans and other species.
- Tissue processing, embedding in paraffin and sectioning at different thickness, staining with standard and/or specific dyes. All process or just parts of the process, i.e. only cutting.
- Setting protocols – titration and optimisation of antibodies
- Image analysis and reporting
- DNA/RNA extraction from FFPE
- parallel analysis of analytes/genes with xMAP and localisation in tissues with IHC
Normal Human Bronchial Epithelial Cells were grown on Air Liquid Interface (ALI) and allowed to differentiate for 28 days. On Day 28 the culture was fixed and embedded into paraffin. The paraffin sections were sectioned at 5µm thickness using Microtome and fixed onto slides. Haematoxylin and Eosin (H & E) staining were performed on these cross sections and imaged at 4, 20 and 40X objective magnification. Distinct goblet and ciliated cells are formed on Day 28 of the ALI differentiation.
[Red arrow- trans-well membrane PET; White Arrow- collagen coating; Black: Differentiated ALI-NHBE cells]
For more information on how Cellomatics Biosciences can assist you, please contact us or request a consultation.